Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lets get to now already!

I think it’s time to finally catch you up to “now”.  I am tired of posting about the past and anxious to start wasting your time with the irrelevant events of the present!  Lets see if I can get you caught up nice and quickly!

 

In the past week no large spiders have killed me.

 

I love my new house.  I have a wonderful private balcony (which is where I am right now) and the biggest grill I have ever seen in my life.

 

I am slowly starting to get used to the heat.  Instead of my entire body being soaked with sweat after a short walk I only get dampness around my arms, down my back, and in the “private” areas.

 

I have a flatmate from Slovenia who I get along with very well so far.

 

I’ve been told several times that I seem very nice for an American.

 

People here think Americans and Canadians hate each other.

 

Spinny the fan is doing well and is still on 24/7.  I’m toying with getting a larger fan and naming it Rotary McCooly

 

Paddy’s Market is the biggest collection of random crap I have ever seen and I love it.  You can buy a shirt, a new muffler for your car, swords, a wig, computer speakers, a basket of fruit, deodorant, bulk watch batteries, and get a message without walking more than 10 meters.  When I went I bought an Australia shirt, an Australia oven mit (so funny), a new luffa, and dried pineapple slices.

 

The live crabs at the fish market are very cute, and also probably very delicious!

 

Chicken doesn’t taste like chicken sometimes.

 

The  Simpsons and Futurama are on TV almost all the time and I love it!

 

The busses are the cheapest, easiest, and fastest way to get around, but prefer taking the trams (light rail) because it makes me feel like I’m at an amusement park!  There is also a monorail, which I am anxious to ride.

 

The air smells better here.

 

People are running or relaxing in the parks 24/7

 

I’m still a bit sun burnt

 

I bought herbs from a local garden and can't wait to cook with them!

 

Cockatoos are annoying.

 

That is all for now!   It makes me so happy to hear from people that actually took the time to read these posts!  It means so much to me that you would let me waste so much of your time, and it makes me even happier to know that so many of you enjoyed it!  You are all wonderful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment