Sunday, February 15, 2009

Burning in the rain

It has been a while since I’ve posted anything significant here and I apologize.  I’ve been very busy sightseeing, hanging out on beaches, hiking, eating amazing food, and spending my nights on the harbor drinking great wine/beer.  It’s a hard life!

 

So here is what I’ve been up to.

The Bad:

It has been raining like crazy every day this week.  I’ve always heard that you can get sun burnt even when it’s cloudy outside, but to be honest I thought it was just a myth generated by the sun screen industry to boost sales during cloudy days.  Perhaps some sort of conspiracy?    I don’t know...  The point is, I didn’t believe it!  I especially didn’t think I could get sun burnt during a rain storm with a big umbrella over my head.  Well guess what, I did!  How much does it suck to get SUN burnt at the beach without even getting to see the SUN!

 

Last night I saw the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life crawling across the wall in my living room.  I absolutely freaked out and went ninja style on it with my shoe, waking up my flatmate and leaving dozens of foot prints all over are freshly painted white walls and ceilings.  This thing was between 2 and 3 inches long, brown, and covered with hair.  Creeeeeeeeepy!  There was NO way I would have slept until it was out of the house!  Lucky for me about after 40 minutes of searching I cornered it and gave it a good smashing. 

 

The good:

On a brighter note (pun intended), the place I got burnt at was very interesting.  It’s a town up north called Manly Beach, which is known for surfing and fish+chips.  It was beautiful even in the rain!  I took a ferry there with a friend and we walked some really nice trails!  

 

Last week I decided to start looking for a gym to exercise at while studying here.  I sent out a few emails asking for tours and info, but to be a smartass I also told them that my fitness goal was to be able to do flips and acrobatics. 

 

On Friday I got an email from a Russian ex-circus performer who does personal training at a nearby gym offering me back flip lessons.  Needless to say I am intrigued!  We are meeting today to go over times and prices.  Hopefully things will work out! 

 

Sorry there isn’t anything more interesting!  I’m sure once orientation starts next week things will get a bit more hectic!  Between now and then I have TON of pictures to post!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment