Friday, February 6, 2009

The first half of week 2

1/27/09

 

Today was the first time I’ve seen a spider since getting to Australia.  I smashed it with a large rock.   Hopefully all of the large spiders watched and will fear me from now on!  That’s how spiders work you know.  You need to assert your dominance early in the game or they will walk all over you!  I AM THE ALPHA MALE!   *pounds chest*

 

I also ordered my first pizza since getting here.  It was awful!  On a brighter note I bought a card reader for my camera, so I can finally start taking pictures and transferring them to my computer!!! 

 

 

1/28/09

 

Today is my 26th birthday!  Unfortunately nobody in this hemisphere knows that except for me.  To celebrate I was going to go visit the Sydney opera house and sight see around that area, but the weather is supposed to be crummy so as sad as it sounds I plan on spending my birthdays in my room watching movies on my laptop and reading.  My feet and brain are sore and I’m sun burnt.  A nice quiet motionless day might not be so bad. 

 

On a happier note I’ve already gotten several happy birthday messages from people that knew Sydney is a day ahead of the US!  I can only hope the friends I meet here are half as wonderful as my friends in the US!

 

For dinner I went out and ordered fish and chips at a small local restaurant.  They do not have ketchup here.  Instead they have “tomatoes sauce” which costs extra and tastes like garbage!!  I need to add that to my list of things I miss.  In fact, lets take a look at my top ten

 

1.       1.  The people I love and care about (that’s you!)

2.   2.  Kitty cats and doggies (even the stinky one)

3.    3.  The internets!!  Oh interwebs, how I miss thee!

4.     4.  Pizza and ketchup.  It is awful here!!  But I guess they make up for it with great Asian food!

5.       5.  My drums.  All I have to play on is my desk and the walls.  I bet my neighbor hates me.

6.   6.  Knowing where I am.  I am lost all the time.  I don’t even really know where I am right now.

7.       7.  Having a car.  As much of a pain in my ass as my car was (I will NEVER buy anything German  again!) I adored it and I miss driving.

8.   8.  Cold air.  It’s sooooo hooooooootttt…

9.       9.  Having an income.  Even if I get an amazing job and work the max hours I can by law I will still lose a considerable amount of money every day.

10.   10.   Understanding how much each coin is worth.  Some of the coins are very large and take up my entire wallet.  I wobble when I sit because my wallet is so fat with metal.  I like my butt to be symmetrical and these coins are totally messing everything up!

11.   11.  The gym.  I know I said 10 and this is 11, but I really wish I had a gym to go to.  I bought some stretching exercise ropes at Kmart and already broke all of them.  I need to find a place to work out!

 

 

1/29/09

 

I am aware my birthday was yesterday, but today is my birthday in the united states, and since that is where I was born I’m going to go ahead and consider today my real birthday, because I had a wonderful day!  I took the train into the city and walked around the domain, the royal botanic gardens, and the beautiful opera house.  I can’t wait to show it off to anybody who visits!  After that I decided to do a little more exploring on campus and discovered that there is a museum not too far from my dorm (however I did not go in it). 

 

Once I was finally exhausted and tired of the sun I headed back to my room for some water and muesi bars, but took a detour to watch some cricket.  I sat there for an hour and still have no idea what they were doing.

 

I can’t wait to show off my pictures!


Note:  Pictures can be seen by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment