Monday, March 23, 2009

I ate fish brains... and I liked it!

It has been way too long since I’ve posted here.  Way too many things have happened and there is now I can fit them all into one post.  For now I’ll share what has kept me from posting.  CLASS!

Class is hard.  Very very hard.  I have tons of work, and way too many things to distract me from finishing this work.  Even thinking about how much more enjoyable life would if be if I were outside soaking up the fantastic late summer weather instead of sitting in front of my laptop reading boring case studies is enough to distract me from writing a paper for several hours, maybe even days. 

Last Thursday I was awake until past 4am trying to study for a quiz the next morning (a class I had to wake up at 7am to get to), but all I could think about was the many delicious candy bars Cadbury sells in Australia, but not in the US!!  I knew I had candy downstairs, but refused to eat it because it was so late and it was supposed to be my reward for finishing completing the quiz.   The next day after getting back from class I was anxious to finally enjoy my candy bar, but was so exhausted that I ended up falling asleep on the couch with it in my hand.  When I woke up I couldn’t find it. 

If you see my candy bar, please call me.

Talking about passing out and not remembering things, I went on a wine tour in Hunter Valley a few weeks ago with some friends.  It was a fun time!  We found a dog that we borrowed for the evening, spooked some cows, took pictures of a wombat (unfortunately it was in the middle of the road and a bit flatter than normal), and of course sampled some tasty wines cheeses and chocolates!  Unlike my last few wine tasting experiences, I decided it would be wise to spit the wine out after tasting (those of you that were with me for the NY wine tasting trip, you will no doubt agree that this was a good idea).   I stayed dreadfully sober but also learned a few things about wine, most notably that I prefer beer. 

------Pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075798&id=48501303&l=e9ced56497

I’ve also discovered that I love Indian food!  On my way back from class I pass several small take-away Indian restaurants, so I am trying every dish I don’t recognize.  So far my favorite is mango chicken!  I’ve also been enjoying a lot of new Chinese food.  On the weekends people like to go out for dim sum, which give me a chance to try all sorts of interesting, new, confusing, mysterious, and often frightening foods.  This weekend I ate whole fish (brains, bones, and everything), chicken feet, and a peanut sitting in the bottom of a bowl that was originally filled with cow stomach.  Believe it or not, it was mostly good (but the chicken feet didn’t have enough meat to make them worth the price in my opinion)! 

I’m sorry I haven’t been keeping up with this as well as I should!  Hopefully I will get used to school soon and start working more efficiently.  For now, I need to get back to work!  I have an online forum debate on the competitive advantage of Dell between the mid 90’s to early 2000’s, a report on the boundaries to converting to compressed natural gas, bio diesel or other alternative fuels for passenger cars in the states, and I have to pick a semester paper topic for my environmental economics class!  That and it's already past 1am!  AAaaahhh!!!!   Busy busy busy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment