Thursday, March 5, 2009

Haircut

Dear Diary,

How are you today, Diary?  Really?  That’s fascinating, do go on!  NO!  YES!  NNOOOOO!  Wow, best story ever.  Now let me tell you about my morning!

A few posts back I mentioned getting a coupon for a free haircut that I didn’t plan on using.  Well… the place it is for is really nice and expensive and I just couldn’t pass up something worth so much for free.

Sooooo, I got my hair cut today by Amy at a salon called Design for Men.  She was wearing sandals that were held onto her leg by at least 25 straps.  I couldn’t imagine spending several minutes undoing and redoing each strap just to get them on and off every day, but if she is that dedicated to fashion then she must be damn good at cutting hair.  This was comforting to me for some reason.  I was very nervous about this cut because as you may or not know it has been a long time since I’ve taken care of my hair. (I eventually made a comment about the sandals  and she told me there was a zipper in the back and that the straps were just for show, but she would wear them even if there was no zipper.  Now that’s commitment!)

See, the problem I had with my old hair was that I was starting to look frighteningly similar to Crazy John, the mascot for a cellular store here in Australia (see picture).  I didn’t want to have to deal with people stopping my on the street and asking me to pose for pictures with their cell phone.  I’d like the attention, but I just don’t have the time.

Anyway, she asked me how I wanted my hair cut, but I had no good answers for her.  Different.  Good.  Not ugly.  I basically told her to cut it so that if she saw me out on the street she would be like, “damn, that’s a nice haircut” and that I had complete confidence that whatever she did would be fantastic.

The end product actually ended up very nice.  I’ve never had anybody put this much effort into my hair.  She even cut it in a way that will take little to no time to style in the morning!  I am happy and my head feels much lighter!!

So there you go.  Everybody can stop telling me to get a haircut now.

I don’t think I’ve ever talked about my hair for this long.  I’m going to go eat a sandwich. 



3 comments: