Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Class

Today I attended class for the first time in over three years!  I dressed in a nice polo shirt, got there 15 minutes early, and sat front center.  This time I’m not going to screw thing up!!  I even raised my hand and answered the very first question the teacher asked… incorrectly!  It wasn’t even a wrong answer; it was me flat out not answering the right question.  I’m off to a great start.  At least I stayed awake for the entire class!


Tomorrow I have to be on campus from 11am to 9pm (well, technically I will be there later than 9 because I am meeting people at a bar on campus, but I’m not counting that).  I really hope I can stay focused and do well!  I really REALLY don’t want to repeat my Shippensburg study methods, which consists of cramming, beer, oversleeping, and tacos.  I hunger for knowledge, not tacos!  OK, I do hunger for tacos, but not until after I’ve studied!


Last week I accidently stepped on a lizard while walking through my living room.  That isn’t a sentence you hear very often in Pennsylvania.  The lizard was ok by the way, I just mashed up a little bit of his tail.  I was able to catch it and throw it in the backyard.  For some reason this seemed very normal to me.  I guess I am getting used to life here.


Do you know what else you don’t hear often in Pennsylvania?  I had a kangaroo steak for dinner yesterday!!  It was cooked rare with Jack Daniels sauce and served with veggies.  I wanted to intentionally have it drip on my shorts so I could tell people the stain was from kangaroo blood!  I am weird.

3 comments:

  1. Kangaroo steak? That sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting! The meat looked and tasted kind of like beef, but it was not as tender. I am glad I tried it and would consider ordering a kangaroo burger if I saw it on a menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they make kangaroo tacos? You could kill two birds with one stone then!

    ReplyDelete